Adam GanaManaging Partner
Adam Gana is the managing partner of Gana Weinstein LLP. His practice focuses on all aspects of securities arbitration, complex commercial and business litigation. As a seasoned trial lawyer, Mr. Gana's experience includes litigation in both State and Federal Courts as well as in various alternative dispute resolution venues. As lead counsel, he has tried more than fifty cases to verdict before the state and federal trial and appellate courts, AAA, JAMS, NFA and FINRA and has served as lead counsel in hundreds more cases through mediation and direct negotiation.
Mr. Gana also serves as a part time adjunct professor for New York Law School in its clinical securities department and as a board member of the Public Investor Advocates Bar Association.
Mr. Gana was named in the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars® for eight straight years (an honor given to the top 5% of attorneys), ranked AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale - Hubbell™ (the highest honor offered), and ranked by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 attorneys in the state of New York.
New York Law School
Magna Cum Laude
University of Vermont
Bachelor of Arts
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit
- Global Directory of Who’s Who (Top Lawyer)
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Attorneys
- Super Lawyer: New York Edition, 2011 - 2018
- Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent Rated – the highest ranking awarded
- The National Trial Lawyers – 40 Under 40 in New York
- The American Registry, Rising Star, Securities Litigation Division
- Dr. Max Reich Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Broker-Dealer Responsibilities for Supervising the Outside Investment Advisory Services of Dually Registered Brokers, 22 UC Davis Bus. Law Journal 231 (2022)
- Should Non-Attorneys Represent Parties in FINRA Arbitration for Compensation?, New York State Bar Journal, January 2015.
- Blue Skies for America in the Securities Industry... Except for New York, 19 Fordham J. Corp. & Fin. L. 587 (2014)
- The Inconsistent Dispute Resolution Process for Investment Advisers, ABA Newsletter, March 2013
- Broker-Dealer Licensing: Understanding the Role and Limitations of the Series 6 License, Westlaw Journal, Securities Litigation and Regulation, Volume 17, Issue 7 (August 9, 2011), also available in the PIABA Law Journal.
- The Tax Consequences of Investment Recommendations and Communications- Do Brokers Have a Duty?, Practicing Law Institute, Securities Arbitration, 2011
- Quoted regularly in various publications, including Thompson Reuters, the Wall Street Journal, and the New York Times.
- Regular blogger for www.InvestmentWatchDog.com and www.seekingalpha.com
- The Effect of Court and Regulatory Decisions on Broker-Dealers, Speaker, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) Annual Meeting (2020)
- From the Defense Prospective: Analyzing the Defense Strategies in FINRA Cases, Moderator, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) Annual Meeting (2019)
- Trial Techniques in Registered Investment Advisory Cases, Moderator, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) Annual Meeting (2018)
- Regulation Best Interest and Its Effect on FINRA Arbitrations, Speaker, New York State Bar Association, Annual Meeting (2018)
- How to Plead Damages in a FINRA Arbitration, Speaker, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) Annual Meeting (2017)
- Annuity Seminar, Moderator, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) Annual Meeting (2015)
- Securities Arbitration: An Overview, Sole Speaker for the Deal School Transactional Lunch Workshop, (2015)
- Securities Round Table, American Bar Association - Commercial Litigation and Arbitration Section, Arbitrating FINRA Product Cases, (2015)
- American Bar Association, Commercial Litigation and Arbitration Section, Securities Round Table, Speaker, Arbitrating FINRA Product Cases, (2015)
- Securities Law Seminar, Speaker, 2013 Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) Meeting (2013)
- How to Arbitrate a Product Specific Suitability Case, Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) Annual Meeting (2011)
- Subprime Mortgage Crisis, New York Law School (2010)
- Running a Successful Practice in New York, New York Law School (2010 & 2011)
- Investor Rights Clinic & Seminar, New York Law School, Guest Lecturer (2012-2020)
- Investor Rights Clinic & Seminar, Pace Law School, Guest Lecturer (2011 & 2012)
Napoli Bern Ripka Shkolnik, LLP
Sidley Austin, LLP
Law Clerk to the Honorable Alan C. Kay, U.S. District Court of Hawaii
Public Investor Arbitration Bar Association, Board of Directors
American Bar Association, Alternative/Securities Dispute Resolution Committee, Member
Mr. Gana has actively committed to various pro bono matters throughout his career. He has dedicated hundreds of pro bono hours to inMotion, Inc. an organization designed to help women victimized by domestic violence. In addition, Mr. Gana represented a death row inmate in Alabama throughout the appellate process. Mr. Gana also taught rhetoric and debate to high school students and regularly guest lectures at law schools throughout the country.