Illinois Securities Litigation and Arbitration Attorneys
Gana LLP are investment lawyers that represents institutional and individual investors in securities arbitration through FINRA and AAA and in securities litigation throughout the State of Illinois. Gana LLP represents investors in all major Illinois cities including Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet, Naperville, Springfield, Peoria, Elgin, Waukegan, and Cicero.
When clients first retain our firm, they are generally confused about how much money they have lost and the cause of the losses. Many clients Generally, our first order of business is to conduct a forensic analysis of the client's investment accounts to better understand the losses and determine if they resulted from broker misconduct.
In some cases, investment advisers and broker-dealers sell investment products in order to garner large commissions for them regardless of the investor's willingness to withstand the risk of those investments. In other cases, clients contact us and have been victims of churning, unauthorized trading, or were recommended unsuitable securities.
Investors in Illinois are protected by industry rules, statutes and laws that prohibit brokers from engaging in this activity. Here are some useful links to regulatory bodies that help protect investors in the State of Illinois.
- Illinois Securities Department regulates the sale of securities pursuant to the Illinois Securities Law of 1953. The department also registers and enforces the laws concerning securities offerings, broker-dealers, and investment advisers.
- The Consumer Protection Division under the Illinois Attorney General's office protects Illinois consumers and businesses victimized by fraud, deception, and unfair business practices.
- Illinois Securities Law of 1953 contains Illinois securities anti-fraud statute as well as other rules and regulations pertaining to the offer and sales of securities in the state of Illinois.
- FINRA this site allows investors to look up there brokers CRD.
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) creates and enforces the securities laws.
To learn more about potential claims and securities topics please visit our Securities Arbitration & Litigation page. Our consultations are free of charge and the firm is only compensated if you recover.